LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
Your prayers and faithful support over the past 20 years have sustained the ministry of Concerts of Prayer Greater New York. You’ll be pleased to know that the leadership, staff and board of Concerts of Prayer recently realigned our focus in order to strengthen the united prayer movement of Greater New York. We are excited about these changes which are reflected throughout this website.
We also are grateful for the ways God connected pastors and churches to pray over the last 18 months through COPGNY:
Pastoral Prayer Initiatives
- At this year’s Pastors’ Prayer Summit in January, more than 250 pastors and ministry leaders gathered for 2.5 days of worship, teaching, prayer and communion. Attendees received guidance from devotional speakers and refreshment as they spent time in silence and solitude with God.
- Since October 2009 we have hosted a one hour monthly prayer call for pastors to be encouraged by a devotional and through the prayer responses of their fellow pastors. Our prayer is that pastors may be strengthened to speak powerfully to their congregations and bring a message of hope, truth and light.
Church and City-Wide Prayer Initiatives
- More than 100 churches across the city continue to pray through The Lord’s Watch, a daily prayer vigil, which is completing its 17th year.
- On the National Day of Prayer, hundreds gathered at 36 locations throughout Greater New York to pray for our nation. COPGNY also hosted a live radio program on WMCA Radio in order to unite Believers in prayer across the region.
- In June, thousands of intercessors took to the streets to prayer walk New York City via the Pray New York! initiative.
We need your help in order to maintain and grow this vital ministry to pastors and churches,
Thank you for your prayerful consideration and financial support of our efforts to advance a culture of prayer across Greater New York!
Christ is All,